Adalyn Grace is a New York Times bestselling author of All the Stars and Teeth, which was called “2020’s biggest YA fantasy” by Entertainment Weekly.
Prior to becoming an author, Adalyn spent four years working in live theatre, acted as the managing editor of a nonprofit newspaper, and studied storytelling as an intern on Nickelodeon Animation’s popular series The Legend of Korra.
Local to San Diego, Adalyn spends her non-writing days by watching too much anime, and by playing video games with her two dorky dogs.
Buzz and Press
- Entertainment Weekly revealed the cover and first chapter of ALL THE STARS AND TEETH
- Marie Claire interviewed Adalyn Grace in conversation about ALL THE STARS AND TEETH
- Entertainment Weekly included ALL THE STARS AND TEETH in their “Must List” for their February 2020 “Bond Ambition” issue
- Adalyn was also featured in the March issue of Entertainment Weekly’s “Fantasy’s New Age” segment
- Publishers Weekly featured All the Stars and Teeth and discussed the buzz surrounding it
- Kirkus Review called ALL THE STARS AND TEETH an “accomplished, exciting debut.”
- Tomi Adeyemi shouted out ALL THE STARS AND TEETH in the New York Times
- 88 Cups of Tea featured Adalyn in a podcast episode
- She Reads named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH one of the most anticipated YA books of 2020
- All the Stars and Teeth is one of Hypable’s most anticipated books of Winter 2020
- Entertainment Weekly named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as one of their most anticipated books of 2020.
- Popsugar called ALL THE STARS AND TEETH a promising book to look for in 2020
- Goodreads named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH one of the most anticipated YA novels of 2020
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH is one of The Nerd Daily‘s most anticipated 2020 releases
- Buzzfeed named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as one of 28 Highly Anticipated Books releasing in 2020
- BookPage listed ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as a Most Anticipated YA Debut
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH was a Book of the Month selection
- Culturess named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH one of their 20 books to read in 2020
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH was Featured in Amazon’s February Editors’ Picks in Young Adult Fiction
- Featured in Paste Magazine’s The 10 Best Young Adult Novels of February 2020
- Buzzfeed named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as a Book To Read While Waiting for the new Lord of the Rings Series
- All the Stars and Teeth debuted at #2 on the New York Times Bestsellers List
- Publishers Weekly featured ALL THE STARS AND TEETH in their Moving on Up article
- Amazon named ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as one of the Best YA Books of 2020
- Locus Magazine reviews ALL THE STARS AND TEETH
- Adalyn discusses her creative influences over on SciFiNow
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH was a semi-finalist for the Goodreads Choice Awards
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH was a Shelf Awareness Great Reads pick
- Den of Geek revealed the cover of ALL THE TIDES OF FATE
- ALL THE TIDES OF FATE is one of Nerdist’s 19 Books to Read in 2021
- Kirkus called ALL THE TIDES OF FATE a “powerful sequel“
- ALL THE TIDES OF FATE is one of Culturess‘ 21 Books We Can’t Wait to Read in 2021
- ALL THE TIDES OF FATE was selected by Book Riot as a winter 2021 book to get cozy with
- ALL THE TIDES OF FATE was selected as one of Goodreads‘ Most Anticipated YA Books of 2021
- Barnes and Noble listed ALL THE TIDES OF FATE as one of their most anticipated February releases
- All the Stars and Teeth was Barnes & Noble’s YA monthly pick in February 2021
- Deadline Hollywood announced that Adalyn has signed with APA for Film and Television
- Vulture suggested ALL THE STARS AND TEETH as one of the Best Fantasy Novels to Read after Shadow and Bone
- ALL THE TIDES OF FATE is one of Goodreads best books of 2021
- ALL THE STARS AND TEETH was a YALSA 2021 Teens Top Ten Nomination
- The Bookseller revealed that Hodder & Stoughton have acquired BELLADONNA for a simultaneous UK and US release
- BELLADONNA was named one of the most anticipated books of 2022 by Goodreads
- Barnes and Nobles listed BELLADONNA as a Must Read Summer Book of 2022
Release Date: February 4, 2020
Hardcover: Pages 384
North American Publisher: Imprint/Macmillan
Foreign Publishers: United Kingdom (Titan), France (De Saxus Editions), Russia (Eksmo), Poland (Filia), Bulgaria (Artemis), Spanish (La Galera), Catalan (La Galera), Germany (Piper Verlag)
Cover Artist :Gemma O’Brien
Cover Designer: Natalie Sousa
Author Photo: Selena Sorensen
Map Designer: Dave Stevenson
Editor: Nicole Otto
Set in a kingdom where danger lurks beneath the sea, mermaids seek vengeance with song, and magic is a choice, Adalyn Grace’s All the Stars and Teeth is a thrilling fantasy for fans of Stephanie Garber’s Caraval and Sarah J. Maas’s Throne of Glass series.
She will reign.
As princess of the island kingdom Visidia, Amora Montara has spent her entire life training to be High Animancer—the master of souls. The rest of the realm can choose their magic, but for Amora, it’s never been a choice. To secure her place as heir to the throne, she must prove her mastery of the monarchy’s dangerous soul magic.
When her demonstration goes awry, Amora is forced to flee. She strikes a deal with Bastian, a mysterious pirate: he’ll help her prove she’s fit to rule, if she’ll help him reclaim his stolen magic.
But sailing the kingdom holds more wonder—and more peril—than Amora anticipated. A destructive new magic is on the rise, and if Amora is to conquer it, she’ll need to face legendary monsters, cross paths with vengeful mermaids, and deal with a stow-away she never expected… or risk the fate of Visidia and lose the crown forever.
I am the right choice. The only choice. And I will protect my kingdom.
Praise for ALL THE STARS AND TEETH
“2020’s biggest YA fantasy.” – Entertainment Weekly
“Your latest must read.” – Marie Claire
“Fierce and unrelenting…Do yourself a favor and get lost in this beautiful book!”
—Tomi Adeyemi, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Children of Blood and Bone
“Vicious and alluring, ALL THE STARS AND TEETH is a force to be reckoned with.”
—Hafsah Faizal, New York Times bestselling author of We Hunt the Flame
“Jam-packed with swashbuckling adventure, swoonworthy romance, and dark, lush magic. Amora Montara and the crew of Keel Haul will drop anchor in your heart and refuse to leave.”
—Christine Lynn Herman, author of The Devouring Gray
“A deliciously twisted fantasy that keeps your heart jumping from page to page….Richly imaginative and full of political intrigue, I loved every moment of this fast-paced adventure!”
—Akemi Dawn Bowman, author of Starfish and the upcoming The Infinity Courts
“Beautiful and bloody. Vicious and charming. Dark and romantic. Let All the Stars and Teeth ensnare your heart and soul.” —Astrid Scholte, Four Dead Queens
“Adalyn Grace has delivered a phenomenal debut, filled with unexpected magic and a fiery female protagonist. Readers will fall hard for this high seas adventure.”—Adrienne Young, New York Times bestselling author of Sky in the Deep
“Debut author Grace wields her own magic with a skillful balancing act between high-stakes adventure (here there be monsters, mermaids, and high-seas shenanigans), bloody fantasy, and character development in a story with a lovable found family at its core . . . An accomplished, exciting debut.” – Kirkus
“Promising a flawed but ambitious heroine, dark magic, mysterious pirates and a unique seafaring setting […] if the buzz surrounding [All the Stars and Teeth] gets any louder, it’ll be deafening.” -Bookpage
“An alluring fantasy, recommended for readers who appreciate characters and themes of a darker nature.” – School Library Journal
“A serious contender for the best fantasy of the year.” – Fansided
“Breathtakingly adventurous, this debut is ambitious in its worldbuilding and alluring in its characterizations. There’s a lot here that will appeal to fantasy readers, and an open ending will have them hoping for a sequel.” – Booklist